|
||
|
|
||
|
||
|
Local News |
||
|
Runnymede Officers were out and about last week engaging with residents at Meet the Beats and providing crime prevention advice. Officers also visited local shops to discuss shoplifting at the premises. PC Campbell, PC Vasilova, PCSO Tilson and PCSO Morgan assisted with a council led operation, targeting taxis and commercial vehicles. They stopped over 90 vehicles checking licences and vehicles. Our Runnymede Designing Out Crime Officer (DOCO) has been speaking to local businesses in Egham offering crime prevention advice to combat shoplifting. As part of OP Sceptre, Runnymede Officers conducted overt and plain cloth patrols around Gogmore Farm Park, Chertsey looking for discarded knives. Officers engaged with members of the public and local families during their patrols. PCSO Misiak spent polling day pedalling between polling stations to help ensure the day ran smoothly. At each stop, he took the time to chat with staff, offering reassurance that officers were actively patrolling in the area and across the borough, ready to assist if needed. His visible presence bought a sense of support to both polling staff and voters, helping to create a safe and welcoming environment throughout the day. The approach was well received, with many expressing appreciation for the chance to chat in person and the added sense of reassurance. PCSO Misiak said, “It’s rewarding to see how much a simple bike patrol can make people feel more at ease during such an important day.”
On Saturday 2nd May 2026, following concerns of anti-social behaviour on the Strawberry Fields Estate, Runnymede Safer Neighbourhood Team took time to visit every household on the estate to find out what the concerns were. They knocked on over 200 homes, speaking with everyone that answered the door. Those who didn’t or weren't at home were left a leaflet. It was good to talk to so many residents. We were reassured that it appeared that perception from outside influences were not exactly what the residents were experiencing. The common theme we saw however was to do with off-road motorbikes, mopeds and e-scooters being used antisocially. E-Scooters are still illegal to be ridden on the road/path in public, unless they are being used in designated areas where trials are taking place; Runnymede isn’t one of these places. They can only be used in private areas and on land with the owner’s consent. There was also the mention of youths with catapults. There is a Public Spaces Protection Order in place, and the use of catapults in public (other than if you are fishing) is against this order. We will be continuing to work with PA and Accent Housing Associations to address issues that arise on the estate.
We’d like to share an update on our work to tackle burglary. A man and a woman have been arrested and charged in relation to multiple burglaries in the borough. Warick Rapela, 41 (DOB: 08/08/1984) and Kathleen Dooley, 42 (DOB: 13/10/1983) both of Heybridge have been charged on six offences of conspiracy to burgle. Dooley has been bailed, Rapela has been remanded in custody, and they are both due to appear at Guildford Crown Court on Monday, 8 June. In another case, Johnny Hanrahan, 28 (DOB: 17/08/1997) of Witney has been charged with three offences of conspiracy to burgle. He has been remanded and is due to appear at Guildford Crown Court on Thursday, 28 May. Runnymede Borough Commander Ian Nash said: "Burglary is a worry for many people when our homes are meant to be a place of safety. These charges show the hard work our officers are doing to tackle this across Runnymede. A man has been charged following a commercial burglary at Ladbrokes in Egham on Friday, 8 May. Ansu Junior Jabatie, 46, (14/03/1980), of Snodland, Kent was charged with burglary on Saturday, 9 May. He has been bailed to attend Staines Magistrates Court on Tuesday, 19 June, with conditions not to enter any Ladbrokes in the UK and not to enter Surrey except for legal appointments.
A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was stabbed in Walton-on-Thames on 13 May. The incident was reported around 5pm, with witnesses reporting that a number of men were involved in an altercation on a boat near the Anglers public house in Manor Road. A man in his 30s has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries. A man has been jailed for four years and six months following an investigation into the handling of stolen vehicles across Surrey, Sussex and Kent, as well as the supply of Class A drugs. A police investigation began in January 2023 after a vehicle registered to Peter Tullett, 24 (DOB: 12/08/2001), from Godstone, was identified on Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) travelling in convoy with a stolen Suzuki Jimny taken from Caterham on 13 December 2022. A second vehicle registered to Tullett was later identified travelling with a stolen Land Rover Discovery taken from Fetcham on 20 December 2022. Further enquiries, including analysis of phone records, uncovered images and videos linking Tullett to multiple stolen vehicles and the handling of stolen goods across Surrey, Sussex and Kent. Officers also recovered messages and voice notes relating to the sale of these stolen vehicles. Among the vehicles linked to the investigation were a Kubota ATV stolen from Godstone, a Kawasaki ATV stolen from Oxted, a Land Rover Discovery stolen from Fetcham, a John Deere Gator stolen from Godstone, a Ford EcoSport stolen from Tunbridge Wells and a Porsche 911 stolen from Edenbridge, Kent. The total estimated value of the stolen vehicles was approximately £300,000. Officers also established that a Suzuki Jimny registered to Tullett had been built using stolen vehicle parts. Tullett was subsequently arrested on 8 November 2023. During the course of the investigation, Tullett was also linked to the supply of Class A drugs following enquiries into bulk text messages associated with county lines drug dealing. This element of the investigation was led by officers from Centurion, the dedicated Surrey and Sussex Police team tackling county lines drug activity. Analysis of phone and cell site data linked Tullett to the supply of cocaine. Officers also recovered approximately £5,000 in cash from his address. While released on bail, Tullett was arrested again on 18 June 2024 in connection with drug supply offences. During the arrest, he was seen attempting to discard a mobile phone from a bedroom window before it was recovered by officers. Peter Tullett, 24 (DOB: 12/08/2001), from Godstone, appeared at Guildford Crown Court on 8 May where he pleaded guilty to two counts of theft of a motor vehicle, five counts of handling stolen goods and one count of being concerned in the supply of cocaine. He was sentenced to a total of four years and six months in prison. Investigating officer, PC Lee Newman, said: “This was a significant investigation which uncovered Tullett’s involvement in the handling of stolen vehicles across multiple counties, as well as his involvement in the supply of Class A drugs. “A number of these offences had a direct impact on rural communities, including farmers and residents who were targeted for high-value vehicles and equipment. “We know the impact these crimes have on victims and the wider rural community, and we hope this sentencing reassures residents that we remain committed to tackling rural crime and identifying those involved in organised criminality across Surrey.”
A 19-year-old has been fined and issued penalty points after being caught speeding at 102mph in Surrey last month. An officer from our Roads Policing Unit spotted the vehicle travelling at excessive speed along the A3 Wisley Bypass near Ripley on 9 April. Faaris Ahmed, 19 (DOB:27/08/2006) from Harrow, appeared at Guildford Magistrates’ Court on 14 May, and was convicted of speeding and driving without due care and attention. He was issued six penalty points and ordered to pay £1,117 in fines and costs. Investigating officer PC Pat Nix said: “Choosing to drive at excessive speed puts everyone on the road at risk and significantly reduces the time drivers have to react to changing conditions or unexpected hazards. “Speeding and dangerous driving are two of the fatal five offences – those which contribute to the majority of deaths and serious injuries on UK roads. As a Force, we are committed to robustly tackling these offences and holding drivers accountable for their actions." With the summer months approaching and more people expected to be travelling across Surrey’s roads, this serves as a reminder to slow down, stay alert and drive responsibly. The fatal five offences are speeding, drink and drug driving, not wearing a seatbelt, using a mobile phone at the wheel, and careless or dangerous driving. Officers were out on 29 April targeting rogue traders set to scam Surrey residents. Rogue Traders are criminals who take as much money as possible from their victims, who are often elderly and vulnerable. 34 vehicles were stopped by our Vanguard Road Safety Team and examined by colleagues from the Commercial Vehicle Unit and the Driver Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). 50% of these were subject to enforcement or words of advice, and this was all possible thanks to a day of targeted action close to the M25 in Godstone. Officers were looking for insurance, driver licence, operating licence or motor offences, plus checking for stolen goods or metals onboard vehicles. As a result, two vehicles were seized, six traffic offence reports were made, eight fixed penalty notices were issued with fines totalling over £1,000. The day was a great example of partnership working as Tandridge District Council, Trading Standards and the Environment Agency joined us to make it as impactful as possible. Here are some ways you can protect yourself and your family from rogue traders: Take your time, check they are legitimate, and keep yourself — and your money — safe Report all incidents of doorstep crime to Trading Standards via the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133 or to the police on 101, in case of an emergency contact the police on 999. On Wednesday, 6 May, we welcomed 34 new officers as they move into independent patrol with Surrey Police. Having completed months of intensive training, they are now out policing our communities and making a difference where it matters most.
| ||
Reply to this message | ||
|
|



